- I ran into this problem on a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS. I had not installed development tools yet, so I found this which prompted me to add: ruby-dev gcc libffi-dev make That got the gems building, but it kept giving me an error after build: checking for gzdopen()... read more
- “That which injures the hive injures the bee.” - Marcus Aurelius read more
- If you are on windows 10, you can simply use a linux subsystem. That ain’t what we’re talmbout here. babun is a cygwin based shell with a bunch of defaults added that aren’t included with the portablegit install that comes with github for windows. Some of those defaults that I... read more
- “Liquid Exception: no implicit conversion of Array into String in /_layouts/post.html” I was attempting to finally add an archive page to my jekyll site here on github-pages…I got the page in place and updated all of the dependencies, including a new Ruby environment to match what’s on github’s servers. After... read more
- tl;dr: change GRUB_DEFAULT=0 to the zero-based index of the Windows entry in the grub config file. Windows updates seem to be happening at least once a week these days. Most of the time, the updates require a reboot to finish. I just happen to be running Debian linux on the... read more
- Unable to activate albacore-2.5.13, because rake-11.1.2 conflicts with rake (~> 10) I had recently updated Ruby to version 2.3, which updated rake to verison 11 when I did a gem update. Since I use albacore to build some of my projects, I need this to work. So first, I reverted... read more
- fuck yeah bro. read more
- This was a task I had to complete to attempt to find a right angle from 3 cartesian coordinates, +/- 5 degrees. Of course the first place I looked was StackOverflow which led me to this explanation with some ruby code: def angle_between_points(p0, p1, p2) a = (p1-p0)**2 + (p1-p0)**2... read more
- going to Puerto Rico rn XD read more
- Electric word life. it means forever and that’s a mighty long time. read more
- I noticed that github pages has updated its jekyll version, so to keep up I’ve decided to start over again. simpler is better. I also added a default Rakefile from here this makes it easier to start posts. Next I think I will be adding an archive page. -c read more
- This is how I got 1Password for Windows v22.214.171.1244 running on Debian Linux The first thing I tried was just running the installer with wine at the terminal. [email protected]:~/Downloads$ wine 1Password-126.96.36.1994.exe wine: Bad EXE format for Z:\home\chris\Downloads\1Password-188.8.131.524.exe. Well crap. what does that mean? Could the 1Password installer be 32bit, while... read more
- this time from WordPress to jekyll. I had already toyed with getting some content over into jekyll along with a few extra tools in Jekyll-bootstrap. WordPress was winning the blog wars at the time and the import from my previous engine (dotText) seemed more complete over there. But jekyll plays... read more
- I have recently been going thru the process of moving some current web properties from asp.net mvc to ruby on rails. In the past, I have toyed with the idea of moving to rails, enough to get some prototype code running. I feel that the framework has matured quite a... read more
- About 6 years ago I joined twitter. I found an outlet for random ideas with a small constraint: 140 characters or less. And I abused the fuck out of it. So much so that I forgot that I had this little slice of web that nobody reads but me. I... read more
subscribe via RSS
- Making Windows the default operating system in grub 2
- Unable to activate albacore-2.5.13
- Por seguro…
- angle between three points
- San Juan
- Running 1Password on Debian Linux
- GIT flow on windows 7 with msysgit
- ASP.NET MVC - Faking ControllerContext to test HttpContext.Current.User and IPrincipal
- Sunburst Font & Color scheme for Visual Studio 2010
- Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.
- How to resolve a binary file conflict with Git
- Scanning for Test implementation classes using StructureMap with xunit
- Deran Schilling, Learner
- What to do if your Windows 2008 install won't activate complaining about no KMS server
- Ethan and Lord Nobleton!
- Bankai! New ink - Kurosaki Ichigo hollow mask
- Homemade Don Juan Especial!
- New ink: Japanese devil mask!
- New ink: killer octopus!
- New ink: hacker emblem
- Kevin Devine @ Mohawk's
- New ink: Hook ups girl
- at the Rockets game vs Cleveland
- Ethan & Ricky pup!
- February ALT.NET Geek Dinner
- Ethan's a little snagglepuss!
- The Don Juan Especiál
- Ethan's got holiday spirit!
- Andre 3 stacks in NY
- SubSonic 3.0 preview 2
- Houston ALT.NET Geek Dinner - Thursday Oct 2nd